Appsbroker, a leading Google Cloud-only Agile Systems Integrator in EMEA, has welcomed Andy MacInnes as its new CTO.
Moving from the John Lewis Partnership where he was CTO, it’s the first time MacInnes will be consultancy side with Appsbroker. Previously, MacInnes spent over a decade at the BBC delivering disruptive digital services including the Red Button, iPlayer and Children in Need, as well as long periods with lastminute.com and Sage, the UK’s largest Software firm.
Trained as a skilled Software Engineer, MacInnes has worked at pivotal points of change in major brands – notably BBC’s move to the iPlayer, Sage’s move to the Cloud and John Lewis’s move from bricks and mortar to 100% online during the pandemic. MacInnes’s move to Appsbroker builds on his strong relationship with Google and brings him closer to the technology to help businesses transform.
Andy MacInnes, CTO of Appsbroker said, “Moving to the Cloud is now the default for every organisation. Automated decision making is giving businesses the freedom to operate and control their own destinies. I believe machine learning and AI has the ability to transform every part of every business. It’s of strategic importance to work with a provider who will give you the best capability – and the clear winner is Google.
I’m excited to solve many of the key challenges businesses are facing today with Appsbroker, adding value through world-beating technology to deliver true transformation.”
MacInnes’s role will support businesses to transform at pace towards their digital future, bringing a new perspective to consulting on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Appsbroker is also looking to MacInnes to help attract and retain the best GCP skills for the business and its customers. His background will enable Appsbroker to drive the roadmap for Google Cloud through customer insight, C-Level conversations and Research and Development.
Mike Conner, CEO of Appsbroker said, “Andy has led digital transformation for some of the UK’s best loved brands. Moving to consulting creates an opportunity for Appsbroker customers to have access to a CTO with huge digital experience and empathy for how transformations should feel as a customer.”
Download The Retailer’s Guide to Data Maturity to find out how we can help you expand your data capabilities, improve performance, and drive revenue on Google Cloud.
- Appsbroker is one of the largest Google Cloud-only Agile Systems Integrators (ASIs) and Managed Services Providers (MSPs) in EMEA. It delivers digital transformation in weeks, not years for some of the world’s leading organisations.
- The consultancy’s deep expertise and passion for Google Cloud Platform, coupled with the proven Agile methodology enables rapid application modernisation, data modernisation and infrastructure modernisation.
- Appsbroker is passionate about delivering smarter ways of working and building productive, lasting relationships. The collaborative approach, robust processes, and consistently high standards of service across the entire customer life cycle result in extraordinary business outcomes.
- The road to digital supremacy is a journey, so Appsbroker upskills its customers’ teams through knowledge sharing and training, instilling confidence and competence on Google Cloud Platform.
Andy MacInnes: Career Background
- At the John Lewis Partnership, MacInnes drove major investment into its cloud strategy and building out its data platforms to support long-term growth and competitive advantage.
- MacInnes was Head of IT and Operations looking after payments at Sage, the UK’s largest software firm. Here he helped their transition from a monolithic application to an agile service in the Cloud.
- At the BBC, he was instrumental in modernising the BBC’s core digital infrastructure as its Head of Operations.